My approach to periorbital rejuvenation or beautification is firstly to achieve:
- an aesthetically pleasing brow shape where the tail of the eyebrow is slightly higher than the head
- a smooth and short lid-cheek junction that blends smoothly with the rest of the midface
- full upper lids without A-frame deformities and
- an aesthetic distance between the lash line and the eyebrow.
First is a careful assessment to determine the degree of deformity contributed by excessive muscle movement and volume depletion. I then systematically create a browlift, smoothening the forehead and filling in any hollows of the upper and lower lids.
The techniques employed are firstly:
- OTOX Browlift – this involves relaxation of the corrugators, procerus, orbicularis and the depressor supercilii muscles. Lateral brow elevation is achieved by placing BOTOX only in the midline of the forehead.
- Microbotox of the forehead and infraorbital regions. This allows the skin in these areas to be smooth yet the muscles underneath can still move and therefore look more natural.
- multi layer technique for infraorbital and supraorbital re volumisation.
At your consultation with Dr Wu, each of these techniques will be discussed and illustrated.